Thursday, August 25, 2016

Not Just Any Moon



Not Just Any Moon

the summer Solstice moon possessed me
nature's rare, majestic orb
in a never ending cycle
spinning my soul ripe for change
why was I out in the woods
powerless to the full moon's glory ?
heart pounding faster than a sane person's would

The moon's beauty unfurled
I merged with it's aura
nature's unharnessed power
man bows down to its radiance

my life...my soul, my love
what happened ?
what force or predator will eventually find me?


It's time to go.... don't look back
the solstice moon my elixir
my savior
the moon beckons, challenges me . " Come dance...I dare you."
Perhaps I'll perish here while the summer solstice moon dazzles,
but for now, I joyfully dance.


Sasha Thurmond 2016

*   *   * 


Sasha Thurmond is a graduate of the Cornell University MFA program where she majored in printmaking. She lives on a farm in South Carolina with her horse and other animals, and sometimes finds time to make art or write poems or stories.

*   *   *

photo by Sasha Thurmond



*   *   *

No comments: